Friday, May 11, 2007

Getting Ready For Publishing

I'm not very good at taking criticism.

I always take it super personally, and feel devastated when my work is ripped apart (but then, who doesn't?) Lately though I've gotten better, as is evident by the fact I took feedback about my IGN review of Final Fantasy soundtracks in stride. Some of the more entertaining comments include the following:

"That Meghan Sullivan chick wouldn't know Final Fantasy music if it kicked her in the head."

And then there's this gem:

"for more giggles and eye rolls, i took a look at the writer's blog. the level of maturity and eloquence there is comical."

Granted these are kids who don't think before they shoot off an email, but it's good training for when real critics begin to evaluate my novel(s).

If you're wondering what blog the one reader is talking about, check out http://blogs.ign.com/meghan-ign/ and judge the blog for yourself. (^_^)

No comments: