Wednesday, March 13, 2019

History N' Games Podcast!



Wow. It has been a spell.

Believe it or not Gentle Reader, I am still around and I still have this blog! I've missed this blog, but there's not been a whole lot to report on. For a long time I was pretty focused on my career in the video games industry and taking voice acting lessons. But never once have I given up on my boy, Themistocles.

Yes, The Owl and the Eagle is still in existence, and I'm determined to finish my novel by my 40th birthday (this August). Here's to hoping!

But the big, shiny news is that I have started a podcast that combines both my love of history AND video games! It's called....wait for it....HISTORY N' GAMES! Here's an official description:

A history podcast where host Meghan Sullivan plays video games and talks about the REAL history behind the game.


My first episode is all about Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, which takes place at the outbreak of the 2nd Peloponnesian War in 431 BCE. In this podcast I discuss how the protagonists of the game really COULD have been related to the legendary Spartan King Leonidas, and show all the different ways that was possible. I backup my claim by citing sources such as Herodotus, Thucydides, and Xenophon.

What do you think? Does that sound interesting? If so, give the podcast a listen here: History N' Games Pilot Episode

Let me know what you think! ^_____^






No comments: