Sunday, July 20, 2008

Greece Highlight Reel Part 1

After a few days of trying to catch up on work (this week was E3 so there was--and still is--a lot of it), I finally managed to upload all my pictures from Greece onto my computer. I thought I'd share some of them with you, with more detailed commentary to come in the future. Enjoy!



The Parthenon!


Delphi!


Space rocks!


Agemmemnon's Tomb!




The old "new" Olympic Stadium!



The old "old" Olympic Stadium!



The Corinth Canal!


A cool bridge!


Gorgeous statues!


A Greek biker gang!


An apologetic toilet!


Greek food!


Shoes!

..and much more. Stay tuned for part 2!

9 comments:

Constance Brewer said...

awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'm still jealous. :)

Karen said...

The old "old" Olympic Stadium! is so Meghan. :)

Delphi looks most beautiful to me. Is it located on the cliff? Reminds me of Matu Pitu.
Space rocks--I've never seen anything like these.
The Parthenon--gorgeous yet too bad the construction's going.
And too many bikers!! Wow!

Do you want to travel in a package again when you go back to Greece? Why or why not?

Carla said...

Great photos! Tell us more about Agamemnon's tomb (when you have time, of course!) - where is it, and is the name just legend (like "Arthur's Seat") or is it actually the right period to possibly have some basis?

Carla said...

PS - Where are the weird rock pinnacles? They look a bit like some photos a friend of mine took when trekking somewhere in Turkey.

Meghan said...

Carla--

You must be talking about Cappadocia. That's even WEIRDER looking (in the good way). The rocks are in Meteroa, famous for it's monasteries at the top of the rocks.
I shall make an entire entry about Agemmemnon, his tomb, and the mask that is not his mask (predates him). Stay tune!

Gabriele Campbell said...

Great pics.

The Delphi one is my favourite.

Carla said...

Cappadocia, that's where it was. Their holiday photos looked like something out of a sci-fi film :-) Amazing place. I'll look forward to the entry on Agamemnon.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

STD Symptoms said...

Smart post and so good blog
thanks for you good information and i hope to subscribe and visit my blog Ancient Greece and more Ancient Greece Government thanks again admin