Well, tomorrow is 2010, and just in case I don't get around to it...Happy New Year! Hopefully everyone will be responsible tonight and be careful on the road (or better yet don’t get on one if you can help it). I plan to stay at home, drink champagne, play video games, fiddle around on Facebook, and of course work on my novel. Which brings me to my New Year's resolutions:
1) Finish my Themistocles novel by February. Although I technically wrote "The End" months back, there's still a LOT of editing, adding and subtracting that needs to be done. I need to have something I can proudly show to an editor at the San Francisco Writer's Conference. Which means...
2) Write everyday. Don't just scribble notes, daydream or re-read Herodotus. I have to actually make progress in my novel.
3) Appreciate my health. I hate being or feeling sick and I felt bleh a lot at the end of this year. No more. I will take better care of myself and feel good about myself.
4) Maintain a healthy weight. This year I hit my goal weight and want to maintain it. That means sticking to diet soda (which I am convinced is key to weight loss) and eating roasted veggies instead of fries, etc. I actually prefer blackened green beans to thick fries now, and encourage anyone who doesn't like vegetables to try them well roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper. Delicious! To think I used to HATE brussel sprouts!
5) Be more social. I tend to be somewhat of a lone wolf and am looking to change that. I have a lot of friends and should appreciate them more. So it's time to party (responsibly, of course).
There you are. My five goals for 2010. Any resolutions of your own? Share below!