Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Good Idea?

Last post I asked about sites or publications that feature short stories for historical fiction writers. The short of it is, there's not much out there. Then a reader (Gabriel, I believe) had the idea someone should start one.

I'm kind of intrigued by the idea. I have NO idea how to go about it or who to turn to. Any ideas?

Personally I think this might just be an untapped resource in the world of historical fiction. I can't believe there's not more. There are many "small" figures in history who have made a big impact. Or one poignant moment in history that changed everything and someone wants to write about it.

What do you think? Would you be interested in contributing to such a site?

1 comment:

Wynn Bexton said...

Have you checked the historical fiction egroups on Yahoo?
There used to be some publications listed there once in awhile. Yes, it would be good to have a place to contribute historical stuff. My travel writing site www.travelthruhistory.com focuses on travels with a historical/literary/cultural slant (check the site and guidelines). I'm editing/publishing and have a good web master who I pay. It's costing me, as I also pay the contributors, but I wanted good quality material of this specific travel genre and I hope the site takes off and makes a bit of money for me with the google ads and Amazon book commissions.
So if you start a site these are some things to take into consideration. I don't want to stop publishing, but as I said, it does COST MONEY unless you have the time and expertise to do all the web posting yourself which is pretty time-consuming.